Date Posted: January 7, 2019
We are currently looking for a full time Health Information Analyst to work at our Corporate Office which is located in Brooklyn Park. Join our physician owned, multi-specialty, multi-location clinic in the northwest suburbs of Minneapolis. North Clinic has been serving our community for more than sixty years.
The Health Information Analyst provides a purpose-driven analytics platform to maximize the health of our patients and the performance of our physicians and providers using data science principles. This position will work cross functionally within the team, gaining exposure to projects throughout North Clinic.
- Preforms discussions with care teams and leadership to design analytic reports for quality reporting and population health management using electronic medical record data, claims and other data sources.
- Accountable for defining requirements, data validation, and development of report development to support enterprise analytics, statistics, predictive modeling and external data submissions.
- Work directly with the Director of Nursing Operations, Controller and Finance Director, to create data driven reporting that is meaningful and actionable.
- Analyzes and model’s data to provide insight and actionable recommendations.
- Partner with Controller and Director of Nursing Operations to develop and implement algorithms for performing predictive and prescriptive analytics.
- Applies appropriate tests to analytical results to provide high quality and accurate results.
- Assists in the review process of data sent to external vendors and/or payors. Includes working directly with the external vendors to understand the business rules application to the data extracts.
- Researches and reviews benchmarking data for comparison, validation and scope. Identifies areas for greatest opportunity for intervention.
- Creates written narrative summaries that outline project purpose, methodology, summary of findings, trends of interest, and opportunities for consideration.
- Provides technical, analytical and business guidance to other team members and other departments.
- Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
- Minimum of 3-years’ experience
- Required - Bachelor’s degree, with a quantitative major (e.g. actuarial, statistics, economics, computer science, operations research, applied math) or healthcare (health administration, public health, medicine)
- Versatility, flexibility, and willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Solid computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word). Working knowledge of a reporting, analytical, and statistical tool, such as SQL.
- Must be detail oriented and possess strong written skills, presentation skills, and communication skills.
- Receives general assignments with few instructions.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, short & long term disability and life insurance with top rated insurance carrier
- Paid holidays
- Excellent paid-time-off (PTO) package
- Exceptional Retirement Package
- Energetic & dedicated team
- Beautiful workplace
You will have the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of healthcare through rewarding and challenging assignments and opportunities for advancement.