Date Posted: March 14, 2019
We are currently looking for a full time Phlebotomist/ CMA to float to all of our North Clinic locations.
Join our physician owned, multi-specialty, multi-location clinic in the northwest suburbs of Minneapolis. North Clinic has been serving our community for more than sixty years.
- Performs venipuncture and capillary punctures on patients of all ages
- Logs all specimen receive time, date and specimen collector into laboratory information system
- Prepares specimens for technical testing and transport to reference lab
- Complete check in/out process in EHR (electronic health record) for outpatient lab visits
- Performs some waived lab testing including urinalysis and kit tests
- Ensures all lab tests are ordered by a provider and documentation/notes are added to indicate location of the order in EHR
- Maintains complete and accurate documentation for records of patients who have had lab work performed into the patient’s medical record
- Answers telephone, takes messages and provides routine laboratory information
- Escorts patients to appropriate exam room and documents history in accordance with procedures.
- Performs efficient hand off communication to provider. Completes patient forms as required.
- Assists with procedures as needed.
- Complies with procedures and policies to ensure a safe work environment and compliance with OSHA standards.
- Prepares and distributes patient education materials as needed.
- Maintains confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must to be willing to travel to all North Clinic locations when necessary.
- CMA: Certification by AAMA; ongoing CPR/First Aid certification
- 1 year minimum of Phlebotomy experience
- Proficient with Electronic Medical Records preferred
- This position requires strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Previous clinic experience preferred
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, long term & short term disability and life insurance with top rated insurance carrier
- Paid holidays
- Excellent paid-time-off (PTO) package
- Exceptional Retirement Package
- Energetic & dedicated team
- Beautiful workplace
- You will have the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of healthcare through rewarding and challenging assignments and opportunities for advancement.