If you routinely take prescribed medication(s), it is important you not run out of those medications.
Always watch your supply of medication(s) closely and plan ahead to allow adequate time for your prescription(s) to be refilled. We will process your prescription refill request(s) as promptly as possible.
Following these steps will assist us with your request(s):
- Always call your pharmacy when you are getting low on your medication.
- Have your prescription bottle(s) of the medication(s) needing to be refilled with you when you call the pharmacy, so you are able to provide the pharmacy with all of the necessary information.
- Your pharmacy will determine if there are refills remaining on your prescription. If there are no refills remaining, your pharmacist will contact your provider to request further refills.
- Please allow your doctor 3 business days to process the refill request.
- Your provider will review your medical chart to determine if and how many refills are needed. You may be required to make an appointment before further refills are authorized for some medications. Your pharmacist will inform you if this is necessary.
- You should only need to call our office if there is a problem with your refill.
Please note refill requests are processed Monday through Friday.