Date Posted: January 02, 2019
We are currently looking for a full time Anticoagulation Registered Nurse to work at our Osseo, MN location.
Join our physician owned, multi-specialty, multi-location clinic in the northwest suburbs of Minneapolis. North Clinic has been serving our community for more than sixty years.
- Responsible for maintaining patients INR values in ordered range by adjusting anticoagulation medication according to provider established protocol.
- Documentation of INR results, dosing and any other pertinent information affecting patient’s anticoagulation therapy.
- Determining appropriate medication dosage for patients based on lab results by utilizing physician established protocol in conjunction with nursing judgment as needed.
- Effective patient teaching regarding anticoagulation therapy, medication changes, and dates of next office visit or lab appointment.
- Scheduling follow up appointments in the Anticoagulation Clinic.
- Monitors for patients who have missed Anticoagulation Clinic appointments or who are overdue for INR.
- Refills patient’s oral anticoagulation medications according to protocol.
- Maintains current orders on all Anticoagulation Clinic patients.
- Communicates patient changes or problems to providers.
- Responds to incoming phone calls in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills with patients, families, providers, other staff, and outside health care professionals.
- Maintains patient confidentiality and adheres to HIPAA regulations.
- Treats patients courteously and professionally by demonstrating care and concern for their well-being either on the phone or face to face.
- Maintains patient confidentiality in compliance with clinic privacy and confidentiality policies.
- Follows established protocols and professional standards when dealing with patient needs and when discussing with co-workers, departments or providers.
- Provides patients with a safe and clean environment when in the clinic.
- Possesses interpersonal skills necessary to interact with staff members and providers.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- RN: Licensure/Certification required
- Active MN RN license
- Ongoing CPR certification
- Computer literate, strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to prioritize
- Ability to effectively communicate and work efficiently with patients, staff, physicians and administration
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, long term & short term disability and life insurance with top rated insurance carrier
- Paid holidays
- Excellent paid-time-off (PTO) package
- Exceptional Retirement Package
- Energetic & dedicated team
- Beautiful workplace
You will have the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of healthcare through rewarding and challenging assignments and opportunities for advancement.